Skin & Beauty Care
Our skin and beauty product formulations offer high performing personal care solutions.
Fumed metal oxides
Our CAB-O-SIL® fumed silica and SpectrAl® fumed alumina products have unique properties that are well-suited for use in a wide variety of cosmetic and personal care products, including antiperspirants, hair and body care products, cosmetics, fragrances and dental products. CAB-O-SIL fumed silica is a versatile, efficient additive to achieve various important functions. Its large surface area and high purity can provide unique benefits to cosmetic and personal care formulations, including in:
- Liquids. Fumed silica enables rheology control.
- Powders. Desired by cosmetic manufacturers because of its optical properties and very high purity, our SpectrAl PC-401 fumed alumina is ideal for use in cosmetics and personal care products where a soft focus effect and matting is needed. Our SpectrAl products can also provide anti-caking functionality.
Some common skin and beauty products that utilize fumed silica or fumed alumina products include: toothpaste; antiperspirants; dental powders; sunscreen products; nail polish; fragrances; lipstick; powders; makeup and creams; and hair care.
Additionally, aerogel easily incorporates into various skin and beauty product formulations for superior, high-performance personal care options. Several major cosmetics and personal care companies utilize aerogel within the composition of their various skin and beauty care applications. Aerogel can enable a distinctive range of benefits, such as:
- Superior oil and sebum absorption
- Low-gloss, matting optical effects
- Highly efficient viscosity enhancement of oil phase
- Fragrance retention and controlled release
- Anti-caking and free-flow
We are proud that Dow sells our aerogel into the personal care applications under the trade name VM2270.