Collaboration & Outreach
Our success in delivering innovative products to our customers is the result of our global network of collaborators.
In addition to our own teams working in our technology centers around the globe, we are constantly in contact with individuals and institutions beyond our organization. We maintain diverse engagements with colleges, universities, start-up companies, industry peers and government entities around the world, and are always looking for ways we can open our labs to the greater scientific and commercial community.
Our outreach takes many forms as we continue to develop an active community of collaboration within our industry. Inside Cabot, our collegial atmosphere inspires a strong culture of collaboration across our global employee population, including teams within marketing, sales and manufacturing—as well as research and development.
Our teams are active participants in technical conferences and with trade groups and advocacy associations. This allows us to share our progress with the larger community and learn all we can about customer needs, new technologies and industry best practices.
In addition to participating, we often serve in leadership roles at conferences and within industry trade groups related to our main products. We encourage you to come visit us at upcoming conferences.
We participate in trade groups and advocacy associations including:
- American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- Association of Synthetic Amorphous Silica Producers (ASASP)
- Corporate Environmental Enforcement Council (CEEC)
- China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF)
- Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
- European Thermoplastic Independent Compounders (ETHIC)
- International Carbon Black Association (ICBA)
- Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC)
- Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA)
- Nanotechnology Coalition
- Society of Toxicology (SOT)
- Synthetic Amorphous Silica and Silicate Industry Association (SASSI)
We are involved in technical collaborations that span academia, industry and government. These interactions can be as simple as sharing ideas or evaluating sample materials (in both directions).
In parallel, we are involved in a number of strategic, multi-faceted partnerships aimed at addressing significant customer needs, such as:
- University relationships. We are a regular business host for Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) graduate students in the David H. Koch School of Chemical Engineering Practice, also referred to as “practice school,” a key element of their Ph.D. and Master of Science degree programs.
- Strategic partnerships. We have a long-standing relationship with Michelin around our patented elastomer composite technology and products for use in tires.
- Joint development. Aerogel has thrived through co-development, as evident with our collaboration with Tnemec to offer thermal insulation coating solutions in industrial and oil and gas applications.
- Licensing. We entered an intellectual property licensing agreement with XG Sciences, officially adding graphene technology to our portfolio.
The Student Materials Research Forum is a great way for tomorrow's scientists and engineers to showcase their own research at our Business and Technology Center in Billerica, Massachusetts, USA.Learn more
Collaborate With Us
Do you know about a conference or trade group with which we should be involved? If so, we'd love to hear from you.Connect