Cesium Formate Brine Products
Cesium formate brine provides optimum returns in challenging high-pressure, high-temperature (HPHT) fields by unlocking reservoirs and paying back dividends throughout the well's lifetime.
Cesium formate brine is simply cesium formate dissolved in water. The result is heavy brine with densities that increase with the level of cesium formate in solution. It's part of the formate brine family, together with sodium and potassium formate brines, and is manufactured in highly pure 80% w/w aqueous solution with density of 2.20 g/cm3/18.36 lb/gal. Cesium formate brine differs from other high-density clear brines in a number of significant ways:
- In pure form, it's highly compatible with reservoirs as it only contains monovalent ions and is incapable of forming scales
- Anti-oxidant and water-structuring properties help protect polymers against thermal degradation at high temperatures, which facilitates its use as a HPHT drilling fluid
- With a natural pH of 10 – 10.5, it’s highly compatible with metals and elastomers
- Full compatibility with water-soluble polymers, such as xanthan, means it can be used to formulate drilling fluids
- It’s safe to handle and non-hazardous to the environment
We are committed to integrating safety, health and environmental excellence into our business activities to ensure the safety of employees, contractors, visitors, the communities we operate in and the environment. This is a core value of our company and we will meet or exceed all applicable laws and regulations. We will operate our facilities in a manner consistent with those laws and regulations, and urgently respond to any emergency situation that may originate from our operations.