Pharmaceutical Creams & Gels
Our products enable superior performance in liquid and semi-solid dosage forms.
Our CAB-O-SIL® M-5P and M-5DP fumed silicas are key excipients in a wide range of pharmaceutical products. In liquid and semi-solid dosage forms, these products provide the following benefits:
- Stabilization and anti-settling. CAB-O-SIL M-5P and M-5DP untreated fumed silicas can stabilize dispersions of solids in liquids and help prevent the formation of sediments in liquid suspensions.
- Thickening. CAB-O-SIL M-5P and M-5DP untreated fumed silicas can convert non-polar liquids into spreadable gels. The gels will not melt at body temperature, enabling applications where precise area-dosing is required.
- Transparency. Clear gels can be formulated if the refractive index of the system matches that of CAB-O-SIL fumed silica (1.46).
- Stability and uniform distribution. CAB-O-SIL M-5P and M-5DP untreated fumed silicas improve the consistency and stability of suppositories and can increase the softening point without affecting the melting point.
- Spraying Aid. In topical aerosol products, CAB-O-SIL fumed silica can help to reduce clogs in the atomizer and prevent the formation of sediments.
CAB-O-SIL M-5P fumed silica meets all the requirements for:
- "Colloidal Silicon Dioxide" in the U.S. Pharmacopeia/National Formulary
- "Silica, Colloidal Anhdryous" in the European Pharmacopoeia
- "Light Anhydrous Silicic Acid" in the Japanese Pharmacopoeia
CAB-O-SIL M-5DP fumed silica meets all the requirements for:
- "Colloidal Silicon Dioxide" as described in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia National Formulary
- "Silica, Colloidal Anhydrous" as described in the European Pharmacopoeia
CAB-O-SIL M-5DP fumed silica is currently available in Europe only.
CPhI Worldwide 2017
October 24-26, 2017
Messe Frankfurt Exhibition Center in Frankfurt, Germany
Booth A23 - Hall 11.1
We will be exhibiting at this leading pharmaceutical platform where visitors can learn about the benefits of partnering with us from the very early stages of product development to full production. Our exhibit will feature medicinal activated carbon for treating gastro-intestinal issues and acute poisoning, activated carbon sample kits to help process chemists develop synthetic schemes to manufacture compounds for clinical trials, purification for active pharmaceutical ingredients and activated carbon kits for designing a precious metal catalyst efficiently and economically.