Industrial chemicals are produced for use in downstream consumer applications.
Our activated carbon products help to purify, decolorize and deodorize these industrial chemicals for processes from manufacturing of high-grade phosphoric acids to decolorizing antifreeze/glycol solutions. Our broad portfolio of high-purity and consistent activated carbons are used for a wide variety of industrial chemical applications such as:
- Alum for the removal of color and high molecular organics (proteins); activated carbon provides a high adsorptive capacity, excellent filtration, antifreeze (Glycol), enables recycling of antifreeze, decolorizes and removes organic impurities
- Caustic soda for the removal of mercury
- Electroplating solutions and baths for the removal of organic impurities
- Hydrochloric acid for the removal of organics such as chloro-benzene and toluene
- Phosphoric acid for the removal of organic impurities; activated carbon produces high purity phosphoric acid and decolorizes
- Soda ash for the removal of trace organic molecules